Thursday, June 14, 2007

post-traumatic red wine disorder

noun. As Emily Dickinson wrote, "I felt a funeral in my brain / And mourners, to and fro," yada yada ouch-cakes.

Real citation: “Oh, it was another tough day for running. I was suffering from post traumatic red wine disorder. We had a little celebration for a friend last night, and while I know it is really bad for the training, I partook in some of the celebration and woke up feeling awful. However, one must suck it up and take their medicine, so I got out and went running today.”
(May 24, 2007, Boston Push, http://darren.fastrunningblog.com/blog-05-2007.html)

Made-up citation: "I sort of like post-traumatic red wine disorder. It makes me stop skittering around like a caffeinated ferret, and I breathe the air, smell the flowers, watch the DVDs."

No comments: