Monday, December 08, 2008

hench-zombie

noun. Kind of redundant. Not a lot of Undead Americans can be found in leadership positions. Some practically need to see a brain in a bun before they'll lurch forward to devour it. Would it kill you to take a little initiative, guys?

Related terms: henchboobs, hench-bunny-men, henchchicken, hench-commissioner, henchdoofus, henchdork, henchgoon, henchmoron, henchnoncorporeal being, hench-poodle, henchscum, underhenchling.

Real citation: "I searched all through the catacombs about three times over and never found a fourth artifact of Bane to open the trick door. Fortunately it was an optional quest so I quit and moved on. Did I miss something? Another little annoyance is that when the zombie girl was triggered to tell me she remembered something of her past, some cultists were a little too close and interrupted the dialogue. During the Zhentarim battle in Elventree (Elventree was beautiful, btw, I loved it!) the zombie girl went crazy and attacked Hilrad and wouldn't leave my party. I was able to get past it after painstaking maneuvers to separate the two dopes so that I could engage in conversation rather than get the 'objects are too busy killing eachother to talk' disclaimer. I also went back to a much earlier saved game point to make sure I hadn't missed something (which I had but it wasn't important. Basically Hilrad wasn't in the movie cut-scene when the beholder zapped him because he was too busy getting beat up by my hench-zombie for whatever unknown reason)."
(Aug. 17, 2007, Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault, http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5051&comment_page=2)

Made-up citation: "Santa, will you bring me three video games, one fire truck, and a squadron of hench-zombies? I've been having a little trouble at lunchtime. Let's see Randy Finklebottom try and take my lunch money while MY ZOMBIES ARE EATING HIS VITAL ORGANS WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND A FINE CHIANTI. Happy holidays!"

No comments: