Tuesday, November 10, 2009

blah-blah-blah-ology

noun. The science of yada yada whatever, man.

Real citation: "Finally, I have immersed myself in science classes during the spring semester. I am currently taking 19 credits of blah-blah-blah-ology, and I embrace the elegance of scientific methods. I engraved the entire purine salvage pathway on a grain of basmati rice, and composed an interpretive dance that captures the drama of the aortic arch. I believe both of these activities demonstrate my preparation for success in the academic rigors of your medical school."
(April 20, 2006, Student Doctor Network Forums, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-275131.html)

Made-up citation: "I'm so glad I majored in blah-blah-blah-ology. I would hate to have wasted my life."

No comments: